Wednesday, February 8, 2017

david bowie influence on the human heart

Image result for debbie harry david bowieImage result for debbie harry david bowieImage result for debbie harry david bowie

Everything has changed. Since David died my perspective on the world has flipped inside out and I don't know exactly what that means. I guess it's just a way of saying he is no longer in the flesh but he is not really gone. This is an entirely and exquisitely personal reality. When I need to understand why everything has changed he is there, in my heart certainly. Yet the deep shadows in my soul that his death has uncovered tell me I need to define Bowie on my own terms. 

I can truthfully confess that he has always been mine. His heart and his voice. His skin and his smile. His courage and his audacity. Mine and mine alone. There is no feeling of ownership even though he belongs to me. I do not remember ever being hurt by jealousy or sadness. I have always loved David Robert Jones and I always will. He was born to be loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment